Saturday, July 20, 2013

Live Alive

It can be very easy to get bogged down by whatever seemingly unsolvable dilemmas life throws at you day to day. We all face challenges, problems, and times when we feel alone and powerless. It's in the midst of the chaos that we forget how to live and we forget what it feels like to be joyously and wondrously alive.

Though we may not be able to escape reality, we can season it. It's important to find things that bring you joy, no matter how simple they may be and even if only for a short time.

Now, I know what many of you are thinking, but I'm only nineteen. I don't have easy access to alcohol.

This post is an introduction to a series I'm writing called Live Alive where I share some of the things that inspire me, make me feel alive, and how they do so. Some of these may seem like the simplest of things, like profound morning walks, teaching myself how to cook with varying results, or rocking out to my favorite music when I'm stuck in traffic. 

I also realize that some of these things may reveal just how uninteresting and lame my life ay appear to be. But, hey, there's no such thing as an ordinary life. There's only your life.

Sometimes it really is the little things that help you live life the way it was meant to be lived. I invite you to come and discover some of what makes me feel most alive and I encourage you to hopefully find some little things that add joy and wonder to your lives as well.

Take time. Sniff the roses. Enjoy the ride. 

Live alive.

                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment