Thursday, July 4, 2013

Freedom Is Here

Sometimes, timing really is everything. I don't think it's by chance that I made this huge change in my life right around the time that we as nation celebrate our freedom and independence. It's such a profound time for us to dwell on what freedom means to us as individuals. That is, when we're not thinking about the stuff we want to shoot with Roman candles.

It's always a liberating experience when one separates themselves from the nest and chooses to live independently. But for me, it's more than just a new sense of independence in my life.

It's freedom from the old me... The lesser me.

I've mentioned before how this is a quest that I've embarked on. A quest for honor, purpose, and becoming the best possible version of myself. It's a journey to find out how I can become the me I am meant to be. 

In order to become that person, you have to leave the old and useless remnants of your past self behind. The parts that restrict you from fulfilling your purpose and keep you from truly living. 

You have to declare yourself rid of them. Declare yourself free from them.

Today, I declare my freedom. Freedom from anxiety, freedom from insecurity, freedom from fear's poisonous grasp, freedom from selfishness, freedom from the limitations I put on myself.

I declare the freedom to be the person I need to be. I am free to be a little more outgoing, to express myself, to be the bold and confident man I am meant to be.

To be truly free is an extremely peculiar matter. At first it feels a little strange running around without all the weight, maybe even a little bit vulnerable. A huge misconception is that freedom is comfortable, but it's quite the opposite. It's what we are designed for. We're designed to be a little uncomfortable.

Today, I am liberated. Today, I declare my freedom. Today, I celebrate my Independence Day!

Now, who will choose to celebrate with me?

                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment