Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Prologue

I suppose a quick introduction is in order. My name is Joshua Winders I. I'm a native to the great state of Georgia, straight A high school grad (Just let me brag about it while I can), storyteller, aspiring sumo wrestler, red head, and now, apparently, a blogger.

I've never really and truly expressed interest in venturing into the realm of blogging. A part of it can be contributed to my insecurity of putting my thoughts and ideas on a public display for others to see, wondering whether or not they would accept them or if they would even care. It's a weakness that I'm in the process of overcoming, and this blog is a vital tool to aid in that process. 

One question that I have asked myself during this process is:

"Why start a blog and why now?"

My mind right now is a mess of thoughts and ideas that reflect the crazy and hectic image of my current life. I guess you could say that this blog is a way for me to clear my mind and to attempt to translate and organize the seemingly indecipherable contents of my brain.

I'm entering into a new and very strange stage of my life. It's a stage filled with a lot of change and a lot of uncertainty. And with change and uncertainty comes adventure. I know what it feels like to live life in a mundane way, and I know I don't like it. Life is meant to be an adventure, life is meant to be lived alive. It's meant to be shared.

I mostly just see myself simply on a journey to find out who it is that I am meant to be in this world and how I can take ownership of that person. It's a journey in search of honor, purpose, beauty, love, enlightenment, inspiration, and adventure. I invite you to join me on this journey.

I could go into so much detail on what is going on in my life, but I think I'll save all of that for future posts. Right now, I just wanted to introduce myself and create a foundation for my mind to build on.

I'm not some wise and powerful young man with insight into life's nagging questions. I'm just a kid from the backwoods of Georgia. This is my journey. My journey is my story. 

And this... 

This Is Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment